Keeping your Dog under Control in Groomsport
Paws for Thought
Here are a few tips for dog owners when out and about with their pets.
- Always have proper control over your dog i.e. in parks, open spaces and beaches.
- Remember that not everyone is a dog lover and they may dislike even a friendly approach from your dog.
- Do not allow your dog to be a nuisance to others. Ensure control is maintained at all times.
- If your dog should foul in a public place always clean it up. It is your responsibility. There are often dog waste bins provided, however you can place the waste in any bin as long as it is in a sealed bag.
Dogs are a man's best friend - please return your dog's loyalty and affection by acting responsibly and exercising proper control over it.
For further information or advice please contact Ards and North Down Borough Council on 0300 013 3333 or email@example.com
Dogs(Amendment) Act (N.I.)QOIII
With the introduction of the Dogs (Amendment) Act (N.I.)QOIII, a number of changes in dog control measures have come into effect. These relate to dog licences, microchipping, fixed penalty notices and dog attacks.
- All dogs must be licenced and before you can obtain a licence, your dog must be microchipped.
- The Council can issue fixed penalty fines if your dog strays, does not have a valid licence or does not display its licence tag/I.D. disc on its collar.
- The fixed penalty fine is £75
- The Council now can take action in respect of 'dog on dog attacks' on domestic animals. These attacks can be investigated and prosecuted along with dog attacks on people and dog attacks on livestock.
Thank you for your support.